Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I am blessed to have two sisters

I have been thinking of my sister Anjali a lot today. Probably because her birthday is today. I have been thinking about how blessed I have been to be able to call her my sister. Growing up I only had one sister, Lisa, who I love SO MUCH. I never thought I would have another sister. My parents made it clear they were done having children. Me and Lisa were out numbered having three older brothers, which was ok because we had good relationships with them.
When I was in high school our family was blessed by our Heavenly Father to trust our family with one of his precious daughters. Anjali lived with us for 3-4 years and was as much a part of the family as I was. We called her our sister even though by law she wasn't. In 2007 she was offically and legally a member of our family. My parents adopted her after a long but well worth it process. On February 16th 2008 she was sealed to our family in the Manti Temple!!! That was an amazing experience and made our sisterly relationship eternal.

When I got home tonight from visiting my family I just couldn't stop thinking about her and the love I have for her to the point I was getting emotional. I don't know where this was coming from. To have my thoughts so overwhelming and powerful. The spirit was touching me and I know that Heavenly Father loves her and I could feel that love.

I feel very blessed to have Anjali as my sister and that I am able to learn from her and share life with her. She added such wonderful things and qualities to our family that no one else could.

I used to have one sister but now I have two and she makes our family complete.
She is expecting her first baby in February and I am SO EXCITED for her and Garrett. I am happy to be able to share this experience with her.

Well I guess what I am trying to say is that I love Anjali very much and our family wouldn't be complete without her. I just wanted her to know that!!! I know that the rest of my family feels the same way.

I LOVE YOU ANJ!! Happy birthday!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Laurie is 100% right. Anj our family thinks the world of you and love you very much. You are the best addition ever.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Anjali! That is a really great story. You are blessed to have her in the family.

Kacy said...

Anjali is so lucky to have you guys in her life as well. You guys have such a great family. She is such a beautiful girl.

Allan and Teresa Tipton said...

Our children, including Anjali, are the greatest blessings in our lives. We also love our sons and daughters in law dearly. Life is eternal and so is our family! Mom and Dad

Anjali, Garrett and Kai Boden said...

Oh Laur...You are making me cry!!!
Thank you so much! You are so amazing and I'm so grateful for you and for everything you've helped me with and been there for me!! I wouldn't be the person I am today without you in my life! I love you Laur!