Saturday, October 4, 2008

The most delicious salad!!

My friend Heidi linked my blog to her blog for a salad I made. I decided to put it on here so everyone can try it!! My Mother-in-law Melanie gave me this recipee. This is the BEST salad I have ever tried.
Strawberry Salad
1 large head red leaf lettuce
1 package fresh spinach
1/3 cup crumbled bacon
1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
1 red onion thinly sliced
1cup strawberries sliced
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup cashews
15 wontons
Pull lettuce apart. Fry bacon and chop into tiny bits. Chop red pepper, slice onion and strawberries. Put cashews in frying pan with sugar and cook until sugar has coated nuts. Cut wontons in to strips (each wonton about 3 strips) and fry in oil. Add everything to the red leaf lettuce and spinach and toss.
Dressing
1 TBs red wine vinegar
3 TBs sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup strawberry jam
Add dressing to salad and toss or serve on the side
10-12 Servings

3 comments:

Bugg's mama said...

Lovely! Thank you so much!

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

ah this really is the BEST salad i love it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Where did my Bleeding Love Music go?!!

Great recipee! Good Food and Good Friends makes for an Amazing Evening.